I love to shop. It’s a problem. You know that girl that has about twenty packages every time she goes to Hinman and needs a trolley from Collis? That’s me. Let me apologize in advance for holding up the line. But considering Hanover has a grand total of two stores, I do the bulk of my shopping online or when I leave Hanover. With my Internet-wizened knowledge base, I have compromised a list of online shopping tips and stores that offer student discounts.
1. Always ask if there is a student discount in the store when you go shopping.
2. Google is your best friend for discounts. Whenever you are about to pay, try using Google promo codes.
3. Create an email just for discounts and promotions of your favorite stores to keep tabs on the goodies, but also to keep your regular inbox from imploding.
4. Forget Black Friday and wait until Cyber Monday to do all of your holiday shopping online. Cyber Monday is the Monday after Black Friday, and most online stores have great deals. It’s great because you get to stay home, avoid the crowd and shop in your pajamas with a turkey sandwich in hand. Did I mention that shipping is almost always free?
5. PriceBlink for Google Chrome is a great app for online shoppers. Every time you visit a website, it will automatically search and let you know if there are any discounts or promotions.
6. Student Rate is a website that will let you know what stores are currently having sales and promotions.
My favorite student discounts:
Ann Taylor- 20 percent in store discount
Ann Taylor Loft- 15 percent in store discount
Banana Republic- 15 percent in store discount on full priced items
Charlotte Russe- 10 percent off online and in store
Club Monaco- 20 percent off online and in store discount on any regular priced item
J Crew and J Crew Outlets -15 percent in store discount
Juicy Couture- 15 percent in store discount
Levis- 10 percent off in stores, coupon only valid until February 2013
Madewell- 15 percent in store discount
Ralph Lauren Rugby- 15 percent off online and in stores
Steve Madden- 10 percent off in store discount
Target- $5 dollars off any online purchase of $50 or more for all college student
Topshop- 10 percent off in stores and online
The Limited- 15 percent in store discount
The following sometimes offer student discounts in stores and online, so keep an eye out for them!
Tags: Carinna Arvizo, fashion