Campus Blotter

by Jamie Li

29 Jan 2013

Jan. 25, 10:13 p.m. Channing Cox Safety and Security responded to a fire alarm caused by a microwave that short-circuited and began to smoke. The suite was filled with smoke upon arrival, but Safety and Security managed to remove the microwave from the suite. After confirmation that there was no fire, residents were allowed to reenter their rooms.

Jan. 26, 12:24 a.m. French Hall Safety and Security responded to a call about an individual who had fallen and cut her chin. Dartmouth Emergency Medical Services also responded to treat the gash. The student was transported to Dick’s House, then to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center for further care.

Jan. 26, 1:18 a.m. Bissell Hall Safety and Security received a Good Samaritan call for a member of the Class of 2015 who was being assisted by two other female students. After evaluating the student, officers decided to call an ambulance. The student was taken to DHMC for possible alcohol poisoning and then later was transported back to Dick’s House.

Jan. 26, 3:08 a.m. Richardson Hall Safety and Security Officers responded to a Good Sam call for two students. After evaluation, only one of the students was transported to Dick’s House and was admitted for the night. Safety and Security later discovered that the individual had left Dick’s House without permission, but was found and returned to the premises.

Jan. 26, 9:49 p.m. Tuck Drive Patrol officers noticed a female member of the Class of 2013 who appeared to be intoxicated and brought her to Dick’s House. She became uncooperative with staff members once inside Dick’s House. Hanover Police was called and she was taken into protective custody at Grafton County Jail.

Jan. 26,11:45 p.m. Collis Common Ground Safety and Security responded to a call about a student falling from a table in Common Ground. Another individual was found sleeping at a table. Officers had difficulty waking him up and transported the student to Dick’s House for the night.

Jan. 27, 12:44 a.m. Beta Alpha Omega Fraternity Dartmouth EMS responded to a call from Beta where a female student had fallen while descending from a staircase and became unconscious. The individual was transported by ambulance to DHMC and later that evening was brought to Dick’s House for additional care.

Jan 27, 4:14 a.m. Dick’s House Safety and Security officers responded to call from Dick’s House requesting an ambulance for a student who was having an allergic reaction. The student was transported to DHMC for care and eventually bought back to Dick’s House.

— Courtesy of Director of Safety and Security and College Proctor Harry Kinne




Tags: ,

FoCo Joe: Cap'n Crunch Smores Cereal

I must admit, I am a big fan of Cap'n Crunch.  FoCo's cereal selection in general truly astounds me; there really aren't any great cereals Read more>>

9 Things We are Excited for in the Fall

Sure, sophomore has been fun — okay, way too much fun — but it’s time we all realize that it’s finals week, and 14X will Read more>>

Hanover Ranked Fourth Safest Town in New Hampshire

Hanover is the fourth safest town in New Hampshire, according to the Movoto Real Estate Blog, which recently ranked the crime rates of towns with Read more>>

Community Gathers to Honor Victims of Police Brutality

A group of students, faculty and staff gathered in the middle of the Green at 8:30 p.m. Thursday, the darkness broken up by the glow Read more>>

The Various Stages of Formal Season

It’s that time of the term again, during which Dartmouth experiences a wonderful few weeks of students preparing to dress up in their fanciest clothes Read more>>

FoCo Joe: Chocolate Raspberry Sugar Cookie Bars

Dearest readers, do not be stunned by the length of this dessert’s name. This mouthful is “definitely in the top ten, maybe even the top Read more>>