Campus Blotter

by Jamie Li

29 Jan 2013

Jan. 25, 10:13 p.m. Channing Cox Safety and Security responded to a fire alarm caused by a microwave that short-circuited and began to smoke. The suite was filled with smoke upon arrival, but Safety and Security managed to remove the microwave from the suite. After confirmation that there was no fire, residents were allowed to reenter their rooms.

Jan. 26, 12:24 a.m. French Hall Safety and Security responded to a call about an individual who had fallen and cut her chin. Dartmouth Emergency Medical Services also responded to treat the gash. The student was transported to Dick’s House, then to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center for further care.

Jan. 26, 1:18 a.m. Bissell Hall Safety and Security received a Good Samaritan call for a member of the Class of 2015 who was being assisted by two other female students. After evaluating the student, officers decided to call an ambulance. The student was taken to DHMC for possible alcohol poisoning and then later was transported back to Dick’s House.

Jan. 26, 3:08 a.m. Richardson Hall Safety and Security Officers responded to a Good Sam call for two students. After evaluation, only one of the students was transported to Dick’s House and was admitted for the night. Safety and Security later discovered that the individual had left Dick’s House without permission, but was found and returned to the premises.

Jan. 26, 9:49 p.m. Tuck Drive Patrol officers noticed a female member of the Class of 2013 who appeared to be intoxicated and brought her to Dick’s House. She became uncooperative with staff members once inside Dick’s House. Hanover Police was called and she was taken into protective custody at Grafton County Jail.

Jan. 26,11:45 p.m. Collis Common Ground Safety and Security responded to a call about a student falling from a table in Common Ground. Another individual was found sleeping at a table. Officers had difficulty waking him up and transported the student to Dick’s House for the night.

Jan. 27, 12:44 a.m. Beta Alpha Omega Fraternity Dartmouth EMS responded to a call from Beta where a female student had fallen while descending from a staircase and became unconscious. The individual was transported by ambulance to DHMC and later that evening was brought to Dick’s House for additional care.

Jan 27, 4:14 a.m. Dick’s House Safety and Security officers responded to call from Dick’s House requesting an ambulance for a student who was having an allergic reaction. The student was transported to DHMC for care and eventually bought back to Dick’s House.

— Courtesy of Director of Safety and Security and College Proctor Harry Kinne




Tags: ,

FoCo Joe: Red Velvet Cookie Layered Cake

Bow down to red velvet. Today in FoCo arrived a delicious new dessert option, perched alongside the pies, pastries, muffins, brownies, crumbles and countless other Read more>>

Ranking Hanover’s Best Late Night Pizza

Whether drunk with their floor mates or watching a late night movie with friends, nearly every Dartmouth student has picked up the phone at one Read more>>

If Dartmouth Administrators Had Twitter

Here @Dartbeat, we’ve tweeted @HanlonStache enough times to realize that our esteemed President, despite having a tremendous mustache, is not in fact on twitter. So, Read more>>

Dartbeat Pick(s) of the Week: 15W.2

Each week, Dartbeat asks our music staff to recommend their favorite songs of the week. We then share a few of those tracks below. Enjoy! Purity Ring — Read more>>

7 Poses You Probably Struck If You Went Outside This Week

Well, that was a rough week. Stepping outside felt like navigating through artic tundra, and to complete the theme, the wet slush and slippery ice Read more>>

Trending @ Dartmouth

Icy Sidewalks: Don’t worry, nobody just saw you slip. Lost Frackets: Guess who’s back? #SOTU Early Midterms: Thanks for nothing, Bio 13. Dartmouth Idol: The question is, have you Read more>>